POLICE BACKGROUND CHECK
A new Police Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSC/VSS) is required every 3 years. Once submitted your VSC is valid for the current season, plus the next two seasons. If your police check is still valid, a new Criminal Offense Declaration must be submitted prior to each season.
• If your police check was submitted in the 2022-2023 season, or 2021-2022 season – submit a new criminal offence
declaration each season.
• If your police check was submitted in the 2020-2021 season or before, - a new police background check with vulnerable
sector screening is required.
• Current police checks VSC dated March 2023 and later do not need to sign a criminal offence declaration form.
• If you are waiting for the results of the VSC, you can upload your receipt for the record check into RAMP, then go back
and update with the VSC once you get the results.
• When uploading your VSC into the RAMP system, it must be a scanned copy of the original or an official digital copy.
If you provide a scanned version of the police check it must clearly show both sides of all pages. If it includes an
embossed seal, the seal must be visible on the scan. For the scanned version you must keep the original and be willing
to provide the original document to BCGHA upon request.
• Pictures of your police check will not be accepted.
IF YOU REQUIRE A NEW POLICE BACKGROUND CHECK (VSC/VSS)
Request a new Police Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening online with the links below.
Cost for these will vary depending on the city.
VOLUNTEER CONFIRMATION LETTER
Most Police Regions require a letter to confirm that you are a volunteer that requires a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Please contact us to get a letter with your name to submit for the background check.
CRIMINAL OFFENCE DECLARATION
Please fill out the Criminal Offence Declaration form and submit this in the RAMP registration under the Criminal Offence Declaration From area. You will still need to upload your current police background check VSC.